Friday, March 6, 2009

Burnin' Daylight

Here's a new toy for you: Create Your Own Sunrise/Sunset Calendar.

Mine includes all three varieties of twilight, the phases of the moon, and moonrise/moonset times, in addition to the information I really need: sunrise/sunset times for the rest of this year. (Yeah, yeah. I can practically hear your eyes rolling. But how else was I supposed to complete my Endurance Conditioning Log?)

With the long-awaited demise of Daylight Wasting Time, In the Night Farm's 2009 training season will officially begin. Beginning Sunday next, I'll devote to the horses every scrap of daylight that isn't lost to working and commuting. Thanks to my custom sunrise/sunset calendar and conditioning log, which also schedules sessions for horses in various stages of gentling and training, I know exactly when I should be able to increase my workload from one horse per evening to two, and when I'll have to cut back in the fall.

I know, I know. It looks great on a spreadsheet, but what about circumstances beyond my control? What about wind? Don't I expect some spring rainstorms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it snow this morning?

Yeah. Well. I'm working on that. Has anyone found a website where I can order good weather?
_________________________________________________________

Come along for the ride! Subscribe to The Barb Wire

2 comments:

Wind Gatherer said...

Recently found your site and I enjoy it. When you figure out how to wrangle in the the wind, do let me know.

Cheers.

Tamara Baysinger said...

Hey, WG, thanks for reading. Nice blog you have over there, too! Wind, wind, wind. *sigh*