Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Excused Absence

Have you noticed that posts have been a bit thin on the ground lately, here at The Barb Wire? A few of you have made me feel very warm and fuzzy by sending emails to make sure I haven't fallen off Aaruba and landed in a coma.

I haven't.

It's worse than that.

I've gotten involved with a novel.

I wish I could say that I was just reading it, and I'd be done in a day or two. But, nooooo. I have the nerve to go and try writing the thing. I'm at about 70,000 words now, which puts me somewhere between halfway and two-thirds done with my first draft. For the past month, I've poured every spare minute (between keeping Aaruba fit, dinner on the table, and money in the bank) into completing the blasted thing before daylight savings time demands that I start training in earnest.

But never fear. This too shall pass, and soon. I have a new photos I want to share with you, and Aaruba's Stonewall poster, and plans for the upcoming endurance season...and on, and on. Soon you'll be so sick of me that you won't want to buy my book.

Oh, dear.
_________________________________________________________

Are you enjoying this blog? Subscribe to The Barb Wire

10 comments:

Linda Wyatt said...

I had been wondering what you were up to.

Any hints about the novel? Genre?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tamara! Glad you jumped in the frying pan. Can't wait to read your novel.

I check daily for updated blog entries though so will be equally anxious to read them when you get at it again.

;)S

Anonymous said...

Oh and you have a blog called Night Life too... don't forget to check onit too! I like reading it as much as any other blogs I frequent.

;)S

Spartacus Jones said...

I'm looking forward to reading your work.
:)


sj

Liz Goldsmith, EquineInk said...

I can't wait to read what you've written. If the language is anywhere near as compelling as your blog, it's sure to be a winner!

Ashley said...

Excellent! I look forward to reading it...if your blog writing is any indication, it'll be a winner!

Lori Skoog said...

That explains it! Good for you...and keep us posted.
I miss your fabulous photos.

Jonna said...

I thought you might be up to something! I am sure it will be a great read. You have a talent with writing.

Anonymous said...

I knew you had to be up to something. Can't wait to read it.
Do you have an editor or cold readers yet?
*volunteers self*

Tamara Baysinger said...

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all. This last week was a bit rougher (sticky part in the plot), but I'm moving along. Thanks, too, for hanging around even during the slow times. :-)

Hilinda -- Hints...well, hmmm...There are horses it it! (But it's not a horse story persay.) Adult cross-genre with fantasy influence, which is utterly bizarre because I'm not a fantasy reader. I actually started this book as a writing exercise, and it ballooned.

Susan -- New recipe coming soon to a blog near you...

SJ -- And you shall, you shall.

Liz & Ashley -- No pressure, right? ;-) I think my style will be evident, if ever I get the thing published.

Lori -- Thanks :-) I'm still snapping, though the fuzzy horses and muddy backgrounds just don't make for too many great shots these days.

Jonna & Kim -- I'm ALWAYS up to something! It's a genetic flaw.