Sunday, February 1, 2009

Aaruba Goes Rodeo

Aaruba is going to be featured on a poster at the Stonewall Saddle Company booth at the upcoming AERC Annual Convention. Naturally, we need a good action shot to enlarge. So, I groomed him as well as a gray horse can be groomed in the dead of winter (which is to say, not very well!) and headed for the nearest hill.

He was a bit...er...fresh:


They did ask for an action shot:


Hmm. Perhaps we'll trot ten miles or so before trying this again. The light wasn't that great today, anyway. Allow me to point out that I kept smiling for the camera, secure in my beloved Stonewall, as Aaruba bucked all the way up the hill. The show must go on!
_________________________________________________________

Want to read more posts like this one? We deliver!

Subscribe to The Barb Wire

13 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

LOL!!! These are fabulous shots! Maybe not for what you needed, but imagine them on a greeting card or something fun! Good for you sticking on him during those feisty bucks.
I can sit a buck, but don't give me those sideways jiggies or teleportation deals. lol!

~Lisa

Lori Skoog said...

Outstanding photos! as usual......

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love it! Some great photos - don't you just love it when they're feeling that good :D

Good luck with getting some shots that are more 'suitable'!

Anonymous said...

LOL...Those pictures might not work for the image we are hoping to convey, although they do seem to suggest that the saddle does have a secure seat!

allhorsestuff said...

Too funny. Nice smile and presence of mind to keep smiling!
I kinda am wondering about that saddle. I wonder if they have english billet options? I will go and ask them too.
KK

Shana said...

Great photos, made me smile! I imagine my horse doing that once I am ready to climb aboard again!!

Kessira said...

Bwuahahahaha! That's great! All it needs is in picture text "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Anonymous said...

When riding Illami the stallion this weekend in company of two lovely barb ladies on heat, I got pretty much the same effect! Lots of bucking and rearing but in between we had a great outing!

Carol said...

Those pictures are hysterical! I agree with Laughing Orca, you should save them for a cool greeting card or even put one in a little frame.

Aruba looks like he's just having a good time.

You make it look effortless riding those bucks in those pictures!!!

Having been bucked off a few times in the past myself, I know what a challenge it can be to stay on!! Great job!!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

You know what your biggest mistake was? Telling Aaruba he was going to be a Poster Horse!
Yeehaw!

Spartacus Jones said...

I think that second shot is GREAT!

Got to get one of those saddles.....
:)


sj

Anonymous said...

awesome photos! I see what you mean about the light,, but I think they're excellent for demonstrating the quality of the saddle. If it helps you stay on, it's a good saddle!
If it were me in that photo, the next shot would see me flying in the air.
I admire your tenacity, er, or your adhesiveness, or whatever...

Pony Girl said...

Wow, what a ride! I love the second one! Glad you were able to stay on. Can't wait to see the final poster shot!