Sunday, October 19, 2008

Share the Love

Well, what do you know? I took a break from the round corral yesterday to enjoy a bowl of melon and grapes while catching up on email, and found a surprise in my inbox:

Cherie, a thoughtful owner-barefoot trimmer who writes One Red Horse, chose The Barb Wire as one of several recipients of this award. Thanks, Cherie! It's wonderful to know that what I post here is interesting and helpful to someone.

And now, I get to pass it along to some of my favorite bloggers:

To Life at Star's Rest, where Carmon's heartwrenching sincerity infuses her posts about the mustangs, greyhounds, trials, and love that fill her remote mountain yurt. (Okay, so the mustangs aren't actually in the yurt...)

To April at EnduranceRider, who recently completed her first 100-mile endurance race on her Arabian, Tanna. April rode with a partly-healed, badly-broken leg, and she updated her blog several times during the race. Now, that's dedication.

To Maria, The Thoughtful Horseman, from whose posts on barefoot hoofcare and related subjects I have learned much.

To Lynn of A Virtual Visit to Laf'n Bear Studio, because I never tire of reading about her equine anatomical research and sculpting technique. Her finished work is nothing short of breathtaking.

To Kimberly, whose well-written, thoughtful, and useful posts make Enlightened Horsemanship through Touch one of my perennial favorites.

Here's how it works:

* Include the logo on your blog or in a post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs.
* Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
* Link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

Thank you, fellow bloggers and readers who comment here. Your insights often make my day.

________________________

Do you love The Barb Wire, too? We deliver!

Subscribe to The Barb Wire

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Hello...I love your site. Had been to it before and returned after reading your response to Spartacus Jones today. Did you take all the spectacular photos of the horses (in the dark). THEY ARE FABULOUS and so are those beautiful creatures. I added you to my links...very impressed.
Lori Skoog

Tamara Baysinger said...

Hi Lori, welcome and thanks for the link! I take most of the photos on The Barb Wire -- unless I'm in them, in which case they were probably taken by my husband, Travis. A few others come from "guest photographers" such as Jennifer (Postcards from the East End) and Lynn Fraley (Laf'n Bear Studio).

Unknown said...

Thanks Tamara! Trust me, a couple of the mustangs would be in the yurt if we gave them half a chance. Now *that* would be crowded! Carmon

Anonymous said...

People who can sculpt horses really get my vote, big time. They are combing the perfect medium with the perfect subject.

April said...

Thanks for the mention, tamara! Stay tuned to my blog for a really long write up on the ride. :) I love the pics on your blog.

Tamara Baysinger said...

Carmon -- You're very welcome. Have you ever seen that book "Who Ever Heard of a Horse in the House?" Seems they really did...

Peter -- I agree! Sometime this winter, Lynn is going to let me try my hand at sculpting, as an educational exercise. I *might* share photos of my efforts. ;-)

April -- Congratulations again, and I can't wait to read the details!