Thursday, October 23, 2008

Announcement!

You know by now that I love my Indian Bosal from Crazy Ropes by Debbie.

Although Dr. Cook's Bitless Bridle worked well for Aaruba, Consolation and Acey didn't appreciate the poll pressure it applied. Also, the Bitless Bridle's crossed straps didn't release as readily as I might have hoped, and the tight noseband inhibited eating on the trail, a practice that is desirable for an endurance horse.

Enter the Indian bosal. All the above problems vanished, and Aaruba responds even better to the Indian bosal than he did to the Bitless Bridle. It's perfect for giving my green horses clear, familiar signals much like they receive from rope halters, but with some extra oomph, and I particularly like the convenience of using only one piece of headgear during an entire session, from catching to cooling.

Okay, I'm starting to sound like a walking infomercial. Sorry about that -- but I really do love this thing!

...which leads me to my announcement:

Debbie at Crazy Ropes has generously agreed to sponsor a contest here at The Barb Wire blog. The prize? A free Halter Bosal Combo like the one Aaruba modeled for this post (custom sized and colored for your horse, of course!)

I'll post contest details and rules on Monday, October 27. In the meantime, here are a couple hints:

1) Participation will be really, really easy.
2) Check out The Barb Wire's archived posts.

That's all I'm sayin'. Stop by Monday for details!
______________________________

Want to be sure you don't miss out?

Subscribe to The Barb Wire

3 comments:

Shana said...

Oh man, I am so there! I have been wanting to try out some sort of bitless bridle but haven't had the money to experiment.

Spartacus Jones said...

I concur with Shana.
Been interested in trying out this Indian Bosal since you first mentioned it.

:)

sj

Anonymous said...

There seems to be more and more buzz about going bitless in the endurance world. I am curious what was the driving factor for you to switch to bitless?