Friday, June 27, 2008

Catching Up

You thought I forgot, didn't you?

Over a month ago, Oh, Horsefeathers! presented me with the Great Horse Tips Award. Ever since then, I've been looking for the perfect blogger upon whom to bestow it. I'm pleased to announce that I've found her at last:

Enlightened Horsemanship Through Touch

A recent discovery of mine, Enlightened Horsemanship offers one of my favorite reads. Kim's writing is utterly delightful and her thoughtful posts, laced with poetry and humor, resound with affection for equines. Make yourself a cup of tea and settle in to catch up on all you've missed!
____________

In other news: Aaruba seems fine after his Tuesday-night colic. It's hard to refrain from checking him every fifteen minutes, but as he's acted normally for 48 hours now, I'm pretty confident that we're safely out of the woods. I've read that Arabians are one of the most colicky breeds, statistically speaking, and Aaruba seems to be one of those individuals that's more prone to colic than others. Perhaps I'd better give Enlightened Horsemanship's TTouch tip a try.

Tomorrow, equine sculptor Lynn Fraley of Laf'n Bear Studio will visit In the Night Farm to observe and measure the Barbs. I'm excited to hear what she, as a student of art and anatomy, has to say about them as they relate to the Old World horses she has studied. They should all be full of spit and vinegar, as they've had much off the week off while I dealt with Aaruba.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the heads up on another great horse blog to read!

Glad to hear Aaruba seems to have recovered!

Anonymous said...

aw, shucks. *scuffs toes of riding boots*
Thank you SO very much, Tamara.
It takes quite a while to get a good readership going out here in the blogoshpere, especially when you write about odd sorts of things.
I really appreciate the time you took to read my blog and this award.
I will take care in passing it on to someone who embodies the spirit in which you write at the Barb Wire.
Thanks!
Kim